It’ a trip is open to all divers snorkelers.
During our excursion we will be made two stops in spectacular coves where you will be able to swim to the surface with fins and snorkel masks or venture into one of the Our two great diving or participate in baptism of the sea,
you can also get off the ground for about 3 hours, upon purchase of the requested ticket from the park of € 4.
The island has considerable interest in Underwater, thanks to the rich vertical walls of gorgonie, sponges, corals and tunicati, in addition to the two flotsam named Anna White and Nasim as well as one of the most beautiful walls of Mediterranean in Punta Secca.
Il Nasim (Nasim II) It was a cargo ship, built in 1959, It sank overnight in February 1976 just opposite the island of Giannutri, near Cala Maestra, due to a collision against the rocks.
The dive on the wreck (maximum depth. circa 60 meters) it is challenging, It can also be carried out by recreational divers with the necessary preparation for the deep dives, flying over the wreckage and cars scattered on backdrop.
The ship was carrying cars (ben 49) Fiat, Peugeot and Mercedes destined for the North African market, plus some trailers.
The cars contained in the holds are still there, those transported on the bridge fell into the sea as a result of the collision and are located on the sloping bottom to where you are lying the wreck, and create “parking”.
original name: Vivien
Kind: cargo ship
Year of construction: 1921
Construction: A/S Marstal (GB)
shipowner: Biagio Domenico and Anna Fevola Saliento of Monte di Procida
Length: 46,53 meters
Width: 9,14 meters
gross tonnage: 251 tons
Engines: two diesel from 400 hp cad.
Date sinking: 03 April 1971
Cause sinking: storm
Load: pumice stone
The wreck of the Anna White It lies within the northern part of Cala Ischiaiola, Giannutri, about one hundred meters from the coast.
The dive It develops between 32m and 52m and, despite the maximum depth, It is not particularly challenging due to backdrop white sand (which greatly reflects the sun's rays) and the excellent visibility which rarely drops below 30m.
The wreck (which it is pedagnato) It is broken into two parts: the stern (lying on the starboard side) the engine room is the best preserved; the bow is reduced to a heap of sheets scattered on the bottom.
The story of the sinking of this small merchant along just under 50 meters is not yet clear: official sources say that sunk because of a terrible storm that drove him from the rocks of Cala Ischiaiola.
Unofficial sources claim however that the ship was blown up by the crew itself (who has put all rescued) to collect the insurance premium…..
At the time of the sinking, the ship has released some of the load (pumice stone) who arrived, in the form of white powder, now to shore: such was the disappointment of the locals when they realized that it was not drugs…
History of’ Giannutri
The island of Giannutri, occasionally inhabited during’Bronze Age, He saw its peak in Romanian era, when they made the harbor and a villa on the west coast of the island, the latter built by the family of Enobarbi. After completing his splendor of the Roman era, the island found itself in fact uninhabited for many centuries, It is situated in offshore and having a nearly flat territory which does not allow natural shelters in case of incursion piratesche. Often the same pirates disembarked there to find temporary dens in caves island, in view of assaults towards the coasts of Tuscany. It became part of the State of Deans in the second half of the sixteenth century, Spanish rulers studied the possibility of creating a Giannutri a defensive system, but these plans were never realized. It was instead carried out at the beginning of’Eight hundred from French during the period Napoleonic, in collaboration with the regents Kingdom of Etruria, the Fort Discovery, which, however, no trace remains. In 1861, when the island had joined the Kingdom of Italy, It was built along the southern coast of the Capel Rosso Faro, to report the island at nighttime to vessels in transit. Finally, the island was assigned to the town of Giglio Island of the province of Grosseto.
Monuments and sights
In close proximity to Cala Maestra are the remains of the Roman villa second century D.C., built by Domizi Enobarbi, ancient senatorial family of leading traders which was part Gnaeus Domitius, husband of Agrippina, mother of Emperor Nerone. Despite the artistic and historical importance of the remains, the villa until the 2004 He was in private hands, Count Gualtiero Adami (known as The Garibaldi), then auctioned and saved by the Region and the Ministry of Environment who exercised the right of first refusal. Currently closed for restoration, despite the weather and vandals are ruining the. There are also the remains of a Roman landing.
the southern end of the island, rises Lighthouse Giannutri, from the second half of the nineteenth.